Saturday, February 13, 2010

Why, hello there.

So, the basics--
  • I'm Ashley.
  • I applied for the Fall Advantage 2010 WDWCP.
  • I'm really hoping for a role in Attractions.
  • I interviewed on January 29.
  • And, prepare yourself for this one--I've never actually been to Disney World.
Want to know some stuff about me? Sure you do!

Well, I'm a sophomore at Baldwin-Wallace College; it's this itty bitty little place right outside of Cleveland, Ohio. I'm an Early Childhood Education major--I love kids. Like I said, I've never been to Disney before, mainly because my parents wanted to wait until all of my siblings were old enough to truly enjoy and remember the trip, but they kept having kids! I'm the oldest of five, three little sisters and a younger brother.

My true passion is roller coasters. I worked at Cedar Point this past summer as a ride host on Maverick. If you've never been to Cedar Point, or you've never heard of Maverick, then you're truly missing out. The best part of my job was definitely the test rides--every single day that I worked an opening shift on Maverick I got to test ride. I worked on the best ride there--you can debate the awesomeness of Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster all you want, but Maverick will always win. The end. However, Cedar Point was a horrible company to work for and they treated employees like we were expendable and useless. Not the happiest place to work...so hopefully it's Disney this year for me!

I've been reading some of your blogs, and I've been watching even more of your vlogs. (Just a heads-up, I can be really sarcastic at times, don't take offense.) So...some things I've noticed:
  • You all like to mess with your hair a lot.
  • A lot of you also like to touch your face or put your chin on your fist, or something else along these lines.
  • You all like to stress over this process A LOT. Of course, I want to be accepted just as much as the rest of you do, but jeez, relax a bit ;)
Some more Disney related stuff:
  • My favorite Disney character is Piglet. I'm actually nothing like Piglet in real life, but he's such a heartwarming little fellow.
  • My favorite classic Disney movie is The Little Mermaid. (My mom actually went into labor with me when she was in the theater seeing this movie. Be jealous.)
  • My favorite Disney soundtrack is Tarzan. There are lots of others tied for second place, but I can never resist Phil Collins. I actually saw Tarzan on Broadway a few years back when I was in high school; it was spectacular!
  • I'm not a huge fan of older Disney movies. I love the 90s era, but I don't really Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty, or Pinocchio.
  • I don't know tons of random Disney facts and trivia. But I do love the magic and the fun that the name 'Disney' represents.
  • I am a HUGE fan of old school DCOM movies from the Disney Channel. The name of my blog is a reference to one of my all-time favorite DCOM movies...can you guess what it is? (Without cheating and googling it.)
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better, and I'm hoping to see you all in a few months! Well, I wish all of you the best of luck!

Peace.

5 comments:

  1. It's from Zenon. I love those movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! why aren't they sold on DVD? :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never been to Disney we share something alike =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yay, a fellow Disney virgin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know i can't believe am a virgin ^.^ at least am not alone.

    ReplyDelete